Monday, November 26, 2007

6 AM

I have been thinking lately (a lot!) about the fact that I need to exercise. I have gained back pretty much all 22 pounds I lost the last time I was pregnant and so it has been "weighing" on my mind.

As many of you know I have been working at the rec center in the day care on Tuesday nights so that I can keep my membership. If you work there it's not free, but they will deduct a little out of each paycheck, so it feels free. So, I've been working one night a week to provide this for my family but guess what. We don't have time to go. There is something going on every night and most Saturdays to prevent us from going. No time is a good excuse, right?

Wrong! I can't get it out of my head. I'm pretty sure I could and should be getting up at 6 AM and getting it done. But I seriously hate getting up in the morning. I would sleep in until 9:30 or later every day if I could. Plus, even though I know I would eventually get used to it and end up with more energy after like two weeks, I don't want to go through 2 weeks of dragging and being super tired. And I'm not looking forward to going out in the cold darkness.

So this weekend while I was surrounded by family, I took a little poll, asking what time people got up. Most people said they get up at 6 or earlier. I am amazed!

Please take my poll to the right (even if you were asked this weekend) and let me know when you get up. And we'll see, maybe it will give me the boost I need to get my Large Marge Booty out of bed every morning.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I feel for you. Getting up is hard, especially when it's cold. But, you're right, once you start doing it, it get's easier. Not only will you start to feel better and get more energy from exercise...your body will automatically start waking up at 6am. It will be SO worth it!

Jeanna said...

Julie,

I know you asked me this already, but I did take the poll. Maybe it would be a good thing to think of it this way. Women are willing to give up 9 months of basically a pain-free life, enough sleep, etc. to be pregnant. Then we give up another 18 years (at least) of peace to see that we raise good citizens. But the joy we get out of the experience is (most of the time) worth it. Two weeks of tired, unhappy, painful existence isn't much in the grand scheme of things. AND ITS WORTH IT!

Holley said...

I'm with you sister, I hate to exercise...but it makes all the difference. Even though I'm still heavy, my energy has skyrocketed. I'm lucky that I can do it on my lunch break. But I'm starting to add some morning time in a few days a week and although its hard to get up, I have much more energy during the day. You will be amazed at how great you feel.

Kim said...

Ditto on what everyone else said plus another incentive is that you'll get to see me at the Rec center. :)