Monday, August 25, 2008

Too Brave for his Britches.

I think the saying is really "Too big for his britches" but I"m not sure.
Anyway, I got a call from the school today. Sam jumped out of a swing, which was going quite high and he landed on his feet, but wrenched his back and wouldn't move. So, they busted out their handy dandy wheel chair and wheeled him into the nurses office. I heard this and immediately had flashbacks to last year when he "broke his leg" at school when he slipped on some ice. So I headed to the school planning on not falling for it this time and sending him back to class. Of course he's going to play it up of it means he can ride in the wheel chair. But my poor little Poody Hootie really was hurt. He didn't want to move, or let me touch his back.
So I brought him home and put him on my bed and alternated between hot and cold on his back. It worked - his whole posture changed after two cycles. We might need to start the hot and cold again in a while because he's starting to look stiff again.
He wants to go out and play now that the neighbors are home from school but, I'm a mean, wicked mother who won't let him out to play with his friends.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds painful. So young to hurt his back.

I know what you mean about drawing out a little injury to get more attention. This morning M had a "sore throat." Whatever. Get your sorry butt to school!

Tell Sammy we say hi and hope his back feels better soon.

Becky said...

You are the coolest mom! And funny too!

Miss you guys.

Holley said...

Oh I know all about the sick or injured until its time to play outside with friends game. But it sounds like he really did wrench his back a little bit. I'm sorry!

You are a "mean" mom. You say what you mean and mean what you say and its not easy. I'm a mean mom too. Hey maybe we should start a club and have cute matching t-shirts! I'll have to see if I can figure out a cute design.

Cote Corner said...

poor dude! I totally played the "sick" card all the time when I really just wanted to stay home and watch t.v! I hope he feels better soon.