Saturday, March 7, 2009

Holy Doughnut!

Sam has an on going agreement with his Grandma Alger. She goes shopping every Saturday morning and sometimes, on her way home, she brings us some doughnuts. I’m not sure how he talked her into this for the first time but it has become somewhat of an anticipated event. He wonders aloud on Friday nights if Grandma will be coming to bring him a doughnut in the morning. I think they are best friends.

She brings a doughnut for Matt and me as well. I think it's her effort to get us out of bed before noon. (Picture a lonely Sam up before the sun, watching cartoons in his jammies, bundled up in his Spider man blanket and his Cars blanket. Every so often, in my Saturday morning stupor, I sense him standing by my bed, looking at me, but I don't open my eyes because that starts the talking.)
One Friday night Sam spent the night at Grandma's house and then accompanied her to the store. He was dropped off at home after and came in with the biggest doughnut ever!
I know you are wondering - No, he didn't eat it all. And Yes, he threw up later that night, but we think it was unrelated to the doughnut.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! That is one big freakin' doughnut. I want someone that I can have that agreement with. There are no doughnut shops in Rexburg though. LAME!!!

Jeanna said...

Sam's smile is almost as huge as the donut! Sandy....I don't live that far, I'd love a donut on a Saturday morning!

Kathy said...

Where did they get that donut?!

Holley said...

That is so awesome. I love donuts. Grandma's and donuts are the best combination. That donut is almost as big as he is.

Jen said...

Where does one even get a donut that big???????