Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Dangerous Bug Book

Sam checked out The Dangerous Bug Book from the library. Before we even left the library he was reading it. And as I perused the Young Adult section he said, "Mom, I know what bit you in the leg last summer. See! It was a Deer Tick." He then held up a picture identical to a huge bite I had last summer. Along with the picture is a description of how a deer tick will attach itself to a "host" and drink it's blood for up to four days. Freaky!!



So we have all taken our turns looking through this book which lists the top ten most dangerous bugs. We even spent like half an hour being grossed out as a family by this book. Then after, we had put the book away, Matt was still sitting at the table, looking nervous. And then he said, "Great! Now I have gas because I'm nervous about bugs!" And he was dead serious. So Funny!



For your viewing pleasure here is a picture of my bite.

Also for your viewing pleasure here is a picture that Matt emailed to me. I cried when I saw it.

8 comments:

Amalia said...

oh my gosh!!! where did he get that scary spider picture?! it is so disgusting. and are those tons of little bugs by it? Ugghh. Okay I am all creeped out now.

Jeanna said...

Ewwwww, so creepy. If I saw that thing in my house I would cry so stinkin hard, call several types of the exterminators and leave on vacation for two weeks while they dealt with it. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Julie J. said...

I asked Matt what he would do if he saw that (I told him there was no way the exerminator could get there fast enough.) He said he would start the house on fire. HE HE.

Holley, Dane Brien & Wesley Berry said...

Yuck! Watch out for those deer ticks, they are nasty. I got bit a few years ago and got Lyme disease and it was not fun at all. I agree with Matt, if I saw that it might be time to burn the place down and hope that insurance would pick up the bill for my temporary insanity!

Becky said...

My first thought was to call 911. THAT is an emergency if I ever saw one! Plus, I'd probably be suffering from some from of shock or pulminary stress. However, while you waited for paramedics, and pest control you would have to stay there and watch to make sure none of those nasty things hid. So, yea, a blow torch probably is the best option.

Cote Corner said...

i'm glad to hear you guys bonded over the bug book!! :) If I saw that thing in my house, I would gather the kids and LEAVE never to come back! Seriously.. how could you be sure that there wasn't a spider in your shirt or your shoe after that?? EEWWW!!

Cote Corner said...

i was thinking about it and I don't think that's real.. It can't be! maybe someone set it up for halloween?!? It seems to me that there would never be a spider that size in someones home.

Julie J. said...

Maybe not in this country.