Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's so hard to say "Goodbye"... And more.

While pregnant with Sam, I was hospitalized due to my dehydration/starvation. My sweet mother-in-law brought me a beautiful plant. This summer I re potted it which I have done to it every couple of years. This year it hasn't recovered. I've been watering it since June and so far it has stayed green but droopy. Now it's leaves are turning yellow and getting crispy. Is it time to say goodbye? Does anyone have any suggestions? We've had 8 glorious years together. I've had this little plant friend longer than I've had Sam!



Speaking of Sam - He took a freaky long bath the other night and I have never seen such prunies (as we like to call them).





While writing this blog, I looked over and found Matt watching TV like this:

Do you think we should turn up the heater?

What a handsome husby I have!

5 comments:

Holley said...

Julie your boys are MAGNIFICENT - prunies and all.

I don't vote for turning up the Heat. Since my hysterectomy catapulted me into menopause (you're welcome for the mental image) I have been forcing my family to shiver because I'm so hot all the time.

I tell them all that I suffered to bring 2 of them into this world and presented two healthy sons to my husband, so they have to suffer now while I finish up with this female cycle thing.

Emily said...

i totally get it! sean had such pruned fingers before, i thought maybe it's not healthy to be in the bath that long!!!

RIP family plant....

Jeanna said...

I think Holley is on to something. I am, as I write this, stuffed down into my favorite quilt at 3:14 p.m. because it is so stinkin' cold in my house. Now, if I just stop taking my hormone replacement maybe I'll get comfortably warm? There's a vote for menopause, lower heating costs!

Poor plant...

Becky said...

I don't have any suggestions for the plant...that's sad. That seemed like a good little green friend.

I love Sam's prunie hands. He's so cute!

I say, go as long as you can without turning up/on the heat. That's what we're doing. But, don't wait until you are all FROZEN and can't move over to the heater control. Then it's TOO LATE!

The Wells said...

Turn up the heater only if his nose is cold.