Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!






I'm having a problem. When I download my pictures the show up as some nonsense script and so I can't put captions under each photo because I don't know where the script for one picture ends and the next begins. Let alone which picture is where.
I know, there are bigger problems in life. But does this happen to anyone else?
Once again the pictures are in reverse. So starting with the last:
#4 This is Optimus Prime and his best friend Mr. Pumpkin Head.
#3 Optimus sitting on his front porch. I'll bet you didn't know that Optimus Prime wears flip flops. Oh yeah, he does.
#2 This is the family pumpkin. We follow the Johnson Family tradition. One pumpkin for the family, then we all draw up some designs and submit our 3 favorites. Then through a complicated voting process we narrow it down to one design. This year my design won. Matt did the dirty work and Sam helped.
#1 Sam got lucky and was able to pick out a free pumpkin on his class field trip. So we let him draw up some designs and then he picked his favorite and Matt helped him carve it. He took it to school and entered it in the pumpkin contest there. Not a winner, but it was still fun.
We have great plans to attend the trunk or treat with Grandma Alger's ward. They have a big soup dinner (I made taco soup in honor of Aunt Jeanna's Birthday), and a costume parade and then we all run out to our cars and hand out candy. It's really fun. Then, I'm sure Sam and Matt will make a trip around our neighborhood while I hang and home and hand out candy to out neighbors.
We hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween.

4 comments:

Emily said...

sounds like you're on the html tab and not the compose tab....

we love transformers here too!

Kim said...

Glad you came to Grandma Alger's ward. It was great to see you.

Becky said...

I missed the great 23rd ward party!! Dang. I'm glad you guys got to enjoy it.

Lilianne said...

So fitting - Optimus Prime! Love all your pictures...

We wish we could have been there to all hang out!