Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Modem

A few months ago our computer started to get really slow. Naturally, I was mad because we have had it for less than two years and we haven't done anything to it to make it slower. I kept telling Matt that we must have a virus or picked up some malwear. He ran his doohicky that helps detect those things and... nothing. Then one day, seemingly out of the blue, our modem wouldn't work.
Our modem is a little box, which we apparently bought from Qwest, that sits on our desk collecting dust, and connecting us to the Internets. It's also connected to our wireless router, which allows us to use the Internets without wires... What? You already know about all this stuff? This isn't new news?
So, Matt called Qwest, they gave him some tips, when none of them worked he was told that the modem was "busted".  I would like to bust it with a hammer, because all this time I've been thinking bad stuff was happening to my computer. I couldn't post pictures on blogger very well, it was taking forever to get from site to site and page to page on each site, just awful!
Here is the part where I feel like a jerk because there are worse problems in life than slow Internets... But I live a charmed life and don't have real problems, don't be jealous.
So, $80-90 later and we have a new combination modem/wireless router. IF anyone is in need of a wireless router, let me know. There was no problem with our router, Matt just decided to buy a combo. One less thing collecting dust on the desk. Like I said, Charmed Life.
Now the Internets work fine and I'm having no problems with Blogger or posting pictures, so stay tuned for several posts. I've spent the last two days trying to catch up with other blogs I follow. It seems half the bloggers I read decided to blog everyday this month. It has been so fun reading their posts. I'm sad I didn't get to join you. Maybe next November.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

just finish off the month every day!

I'm glad everything got figured out.

Emily said...

Yay! You're back! I missed you.

Holley said...

can't wait for the updates. Lola is such a "lovey" that's a Grandma Bea word in case you were wondering! Glad you're back. I've been missing you!